Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Scrubs and Bengkoang Soap: An Intial Review

    I know all of us want a glowing and soft skin that's why we use body moisturizer everyday but doing that without scrubbing your skin would mean spending money just to moisturize dead skin! We should always consider body scrubbing as part of our beauty regimen, exfoliating will allow moisturizer to fully penetrate our skin thus leaving it soft and nourished. 
            When I saw Asian Secrets on the market I smelled the three variants and I think the scent of the green one is the nicest but I think it's strong so I choose the purple one. I have read many comments saying that they can't stand the smell of the purple variant but for me it smells fine and not too strong. 
         
           Base from the packaging, In the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia Lulur is intended for bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen and whiten her skin before the wedding day. So I think it is really a must try , imagine Indonesian princesses are using it to beautify themselves! wow this product is royal!  



        I am morena and I love it, I am not really into whitening products but I have parts of my body which are darker than the rest like my elbow! aghh! So I think of trying this product, maybe this is all I need to get my skin even. I've been using it for two weeks now and I have to admit that this product WOWed me! It really does what it promised, after using it my skin feels really smooth and smells really nice. Oh I am thinking of using it everyday (some does) but I am quite worried that I'm may be over exfoliating which is not good because the skin will be more susceptible to damage from UV rays, so I am using it twice a week for my whole body and every other day for my dark areas. Well the product suggests to use it on the armpits but I don't! why? because I remembered Dra. Vicky Belo said on her interview in Salamat Dok that the underarm should be left alone meaning don't scrub it because the skin there is really sensitive, scrubbing it might make the discoloration worse. 


       
    Aside from the Lulur body scrub Asian Secrets has now the soap variant named Bengkoang Soap! By the way Bengkoang in Filipino is Singkamas. Bengkoang is also a widely popular whitening ingredient in Indonesia based on the package it can be found in the islands of Sumatra and Java whoaa Java is blessed with natural beauty products! As you can see above the soap has two types the green and the orange, well the two are both for whitening but they differ from the additional ingredient on it. 

           The green Bengkoang Soap contains Olive Oil to moisturize the skin and protect it form dryness while the orange one has Betel Extract which serves as an antiseptic, it gives extra protection from germs that can cause body odor. As of now I have only tried  the Green one and I'm looking forward on trying the Orange one and compare the two.

             That is how the soap looks like yeah I know it has a weird shape and the asian secret is carved on it but it smells nice and doesn't melt easily. I noticed when I rub it on my skin that it has some beads on it, I guess it is Lulur hmm maybe not, maybe it something else... I don't know hahaha! The Lulur body Scrub and this Bengkoang soap is really a great combination, lulur does a great exfoliation while this soap is great in moisturizing so after you walked out of the bathroom and dry yourself you will feel rejuvenated I promised that! 

           Final words: These products do an amazing job considering that it's not pricey at all, the Lulur body scrub big tub (250g) costs Php130 while the small tub (135g) costs 80 (only the green one is available in small tub the others are not), the Bengkoang soap costs Php 70. Just a few tip on using the soap after rubbing it all over your body don't wash it immediately leave it for few minutes this will make your skin softer after you wash. For now I can only rave about its moisturizing effect on the skin, and of course I am realistic! I know the whitening effect will take time to be realized I'll post the final review when I see it!  hmmm.. how I wish they have lotion too so that it is already a complete rejuvenating package! That would be all Thank you for reading! :)


12 comments:

  1. Thank for the review. I will try this one. im really excited with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always okay to use for the sensitive skin??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure if it is 'cause the beads are scratchy, it might be too harsh for your skin. :)

      Delete
    2. It's Hypo-allergenic but if you're talking about really thin skin... the beads in it might scratch or irritate you.

      Delete
  3. for the pregnant women it is safe to use this product..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dianna, pregnant women are quite sensitive to a lot of things and I don't wanna say something I am not 100% sure because it may cause people danger, so I think it's best to consult a medical professional first before trying anything . :))

      Delete
  4. I will use first the body scrub then after the soap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! use the scrub then after that use the soap

      Delete
  5. I want to try all of their products, but I never seen this brand in Malaysia before... Hope I can find it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gab!
    You mentioned that you used it twice a week. So, how about the soap is it advisable to use everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I have the problem on my thighs it's really dark is it advisable to use this product everyday? I want to try this because I can't wear my two piece and two weeks from now we're going to the beach. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I have the problem on my thighs it's really dark is it advisable to use this product everyday? I want to try this because I can't wear my two piece and two weeks from now we're going to the beach. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete