Recent Posts

Friday, March 9, 2012

REVLON Colorstay Foundation for combination/oily skin

       
  I know that this Revlon Colorstay foundation has been reviewed a million times but of course not all of us have the same experience about this product so let me share you mine. It's December of last year and our Paskuhan is nearly approaching, of course as a girl I want to look good in that very special night of us Thomasians so what I did was to search for a foundation that suits my skin type (combination skin) and has a great coverage for my acne marks, I read a lot of blogs and reviews about the best foundation that other girls have tried, the most recommended foundation is this Revlon Colorstay foundation many of them said that this one is the best foundation they have ever tried compared to foundations of other great brands like MAC, Lancome, L'oreal etc. so after knowing that this one does an awesome job the next day I went to a mall and look for it. When I found it I examined the different shades to catch the right one for me, I end up getting 240 Medium Beige though it's not exactly my shade I still get it because it's the shade nearest to my skin color.




    Okay! Let's evaluate the performance of this product now!

    PROS:
  • It gives a flawless look when properly blended
  • It gives a medium to full coverage 
  • It may serve as a concealer too
  • It lasts whole day long
  • It controls the oil on my T-zone
  • It doesn't irritate my skin
  • It's cheaper than the other famous brands
    CONS:
  • They say that it doesn't feel heavy! but it does!
  • The packaging doesn't have a pump 
  • It smells awful! Like a strong chemical smell
  • Few shades are available here in the Philippines
  • It dries up pretty fast so I find it hard to blend
  • It is too drying! it claims that it is for combination skin but it flakes on the dry part of my face so be careful if you have a dry skin condition make sure to moisturize your face very well

OVERALL:
      I would rate this product as 3/5 I was satisfied on how it covers my blemishes and how it gives me a flawless look when I blend it properly, however there are a lot of things that this product failed to impress me, I wasn't really fond of its smell, its too drying formula and the way it feels on my face, honestly I find it really heavyweight and feels heavier whenever I sweat or whenever I am exposed to sun haha I don't know  maybe it's not really suited for the weather condition here in the Philippines. hmm maybe next time I'll try Photoready hopefully that one is better than this one. :D

        

3 comments:

  1. I thought of buying this before but my skin is dry underneath all the oil. I only tried it on the booth but I think we have the same thoughts about this foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP, this foundation is not for people with dry skin because its formula is so drying, it will just flake after few hours of wearing it

      Delete
  2. Nice blog!

    Btw, followed your blog through GFC. Hope you could follow mine as well.

    http://relaxandpleaseyourtastebuds.blogspot.com/
    http://navyandhunter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete